Top 5 Non-Profits That Help Wildlife
Want to Help a Non-Profit That Helps Wildlife? Here Are 5 Places to Start
Any non-profit that helps wildlife is doing a great service and, to be honest animals and their habitats can use all the help they can get right? We did some research and found many inspiring non-profits that focus on environmental issues and below are what we feel are the top 5 non-profits that help wildlife.
- One More Generation. This organization was started by siblings, Olivia and Carter, and strives to educate both children and adults about endangered species and how to keep these animals around for at least one more generation. The model has evolved and grown over time and One More Generation boasts a Plastic Awareness Coalition which partners with like-minded organizations to help target single-use plastic bags in an effort to reduce the environmental harm plastic causes and the Plastic Awareness Week curriculum that teaches how subtle changes can help the environment.
- Sea Web. Sea Web focuses on realistic, science-based solutions to major threats that face the ocean from climate change, pollution, and how this negatively impacts marine life. To meet these goals Sea Web takes on the intersection of economic, policy, social and environmental issues to improve the health of our oceans.
- 5 Gyres. Our oceans are full of plastic and the folks at 5 Gyres work with their partners at Pangaea Explorations and Algalita Marine Research Foundation, along with volunteers to study the 5 subtropical gyres, which are essentially flotillas of trash – primarily plastic, in the ocean to understand the impact of plastic pollution. 5 Gyres aims to eliminate plastic pollution through a variety of innovative and proven methods with the ultimate goal of cleaning up our oceans.
- Society for Conservation Biology. SCB is an international organization that works to promote the scientific study of events and actions that impact the maintenance, loss, and restoration of biological diversity. Ultimately, the Society for Conservation Biology looks to advance the science and practice of conserving the biological diversity of the Earth.
- Plastic Pollution Coalition. The Plastic Pollution Coalition works to create a social movement to stop plastic pollution and the toxic impacts of such pollution worldwide. Through strategic planning and communications, they strive to raise awareness and understanding of the problem and sustainable solutions all while eliminating the negative impacts of plastics on the environment, wildlife, marine life, and human health.
Lend Your Support!
Through research, education, and creative thinking these organizations strive to make the world a better place and you can help lend your support. You can help by understanding the science behind the problems and working to spread the word and educating people about the problems and the solutions. We can help all of these organizations do their part to help all of the animals who call this planet home by offering our support, our time, and even by sharing through our social media profiles.
Do you have a favorite organization that didn’t make our list? Let us know in the comments and help get the word outTagged
Great list idea but after looking through the websites, the first 2 lsted t look currently inactive. ( initiatives, annual reports, website data from 2012 etc ) … the last 3 that are doing great work. thanks.
Hi jls and thanks for stopping by. The first two listed are very much active and doing great work. Be sure to head over to their Facebook pages to follow along with current updates. – Shane