You don't have to be a Green company to put effort into lowering your event's carbon footprint; you just have to be a responsible one. With so many moving parts when putting together a corporate event, the event's CO² emissions may be last on the list. A little effort, goes a long way. Here are 10 simple ways to green your corporate events.
1) Eco Information - Prior to the event, email guests providing information on public transportation and local eco-friendly hotels.
2) Location. Location. Location. - Choose a local that doesn't require long flights. Cutting down on travel is one of the best ways to minimize the carbon footprint of an event.
3) The Venues - Select venues with strong energy efficiency programs.
4) Go paperless - When providing company information, use e-brochures or provide documents on an Eco-friendly USB drive that doubles as a promo product for your company.
5) Serve Locally Grown Food - Less travel time means less emissions and fresh foods. Keep the menus low-carbon by serving less meat and more vegan options.
8) Help Them Help You - Provide recycling bins & compost bins for guests to follow through on all your Eco efforts.
9) The Swag Bag - Provide Eco-friendly reusable bags with your company logo to hold gifts or giveaways.
10) Don’t invite so many people - Try to keep the invite list to a targeted audience that can benefit from the event and vice versa.
Do you have more ideas on how to green an event? Please comment & share!